NOTE about In-Person and Zoom Meetings
When the Covid-19 pandemic started, the club started using virtual meetings via Zoom. Since we've now resumed in-person meetings, we try to conduct the meetings both in-person and via Zoom. The Zoom meetings are recorded (if allowed) and the videos of these meetings are available on our YouTube channel.
North Austin Pfotographic Society is a local photo club which meets on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays of each month starting at 7:00 PM.
Location: See the normal location which is posted at "Organization > In-Person Meeting Location". Since this location might change, please see the specific meeting notice on the home page.
1st Thursday meetings are open only to members and their guests, and we encourage you to join the club. Plus, you then get to enter our competitions and participate in other club activities! All club activities are members-only unless explicitly stated.
1st Thursday Meetings are live critique photo competitions. The judges are chosen from our advanced competition winners. Three judges rate each photo, and one of the judges may give an instructive critique. All photos are critiqued online. The judges determine the awards (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, honorable mention) for each level of competition (basic, intermediate, and advanced). We award and share winning images each and every month (except December). Besides sharing on our website, winning images are shared on Instagram, and one lucky winner becomes the Facebook group cover photo for a month.
Agenda for 1st Thursdays:
- Introduction of new members
- Competition, including presentation of all competition images, critiques of some of the images by one or more of the judges, announcement of the judges' choice winners, and announcement of the popular vote winners.
- Discussions on various photographic topics
3rd Thursday Meetings include an educational speaker. Our speakers include club members, local celebrity photographers, experienced academic leaders, and entertaining and interesting creative artists. Occasionally we might have a hands-on workshop with a practical focus on photography education and skills. We bring in industry pros and experienced instructors to help you improve your skills.
5th Thursday Meetings are social events. Obviously, not every month has a 5th Thursday. These meetings can be swap meets, member photo exhibits, or just get-togethers. These meetings may be held at locations other than our normal meeting place. Please see the meeting announcement for the details of these meetings.
More Photo Club Information
- Only Members or their guests may attend the 1st Thursday meeting. Photo club membership has benefits and it's really cheap. 100% of your dues go to fund club activities.
- Interested in entering the monthly competition? Join and then upload your photos by the deadline. Be sure to follow the instructions on the submission page.
- Want to learn more about the club's history? Check out our photo club history page.
Check out our upcoming meetings on our calendar. Check out the speakers, topics, and competition details from the menu at "Organization > About NAPfS > Past Speakers and Judges" and pick a year.